Monday, October 15, 2012

Morgantown, VA


Well, to be very honest, Friday was the highlight of my week! Friday was my birthday!! Everyone did a wonderful job making me feel special!! My parents had already sent my gift and a card the week before. On Friday morning, I walked into our classroom to be surprised by the girls throwing confetti at me and yelling “Happy Birthday!!!” followed by them singing their special birthday song (followed by yet more confetti throwing!)! They had decorated the room earlier that morning with streamers and balloons! They even had specially decorated where my desk was with more streamers, balloons, cards, and presents! It was so sweet of them! They really did a GREAT job!!!

Throughout the morning I received many birthday texts from friends all across the USA! THANK YOU!!!!!

At lunchtime, the team pulled out a carrot raisin cake and sang to me again! Janna had put it in the oven early in the morning so that it could be all frosted and decorated!

For supper we went to the assistant pastor’s house like we had enjoyed every evening of the week. At the end of the delicious meal, Missy pulled out a brownie-cookie-pie with candles on it and they all sang to me and gave me a card and a present!!!

Before going to the WAR, I was able to Skype my mom and my little nephew. It still makes me laugh when I think of him singing Happy Birthday to me!!

I really cannot get over how thoughtful everyone was!!! Many thanks to all of you who helped to make my birthday special!