Tuesday, October 30, 2012

What the Lord has done so far in our team


 This last week we stayed at a camp since we did not have any meetings scheduled. We as a team were able to spend some extra time reflecting on what the Lord has done so far. Here is a conglomeration of ideas that we all shared.
I need to have God-dependence, not self-dependence.
It is so easy to say after so many weeks that, “I have been through this before” or “I know what to do about this.” However, that is depending on me, not God. It is a constant struggle, but I know that...
Sunrise on Lake Waccamaw
God’s got to do it.
If I try to do the work, it doesn’t work or it is not as good as it could have been. I can go out in my own strength and not accomplish anything. This also can bring discouragement. I need to constantly be reminded that...
I can’t; God can.
There is no reason for anyone to listen to me or for them to be drawn into the WAR. It is humanly not reasonable. God is the One Who draws them in and works in their hearts. We want God to do the work because He is the only One who can change a life.
God reaches the most unlikely teens.
It is so encouraging and amazing when the ones that would seem to be the hardest to spiritual things come and want to get things right. It is just a reminder that God can break through.
Devotions on the pier
It’s been exciting to see God break through tough situations.
When talking to the tough teens, God gives the words and you’re not even really sure where that all came from.
It’s so amazing to be a spectator to God’s work; it’s not human.
It’s like you have an out-of-body experience and you are just watching God do the work.
They both made it to the top!
It’s neat to know that God can use us...and that He does use us.
We are human beings and sinners just like them, but God allows us to be a vessel, a channel, to see teens’ lives changed. What a privilege!

God brings trials to be a help in the future.

The hard things I have gone through or am going through can be used to better understand and relate to others who are going through similar issues. It helps me to be more compassionate and to have a feeling of where they have been and where God can take them. I praise the Lord for the experience.
The Lord has increased my faith.
When the recruits don’t all come or decisions are few, it brings me to my knees and challenges my faith. I know that God wants to work mightily.
Catching lizards :P
Prayer is the real work. My prayer life has been so enhanced. 
When we don’t pray, there is no power. It is so important to pray!
God convicted me not to pass any recruits. 
Every teen is a possibility for God to do a work. It is my small faith that tells me that they are too young or too old or that they won’t want to listen. You never know what God is going to do and where that young person is in their life. They probably have great spiritual needs. Don’t pass up a single person that God has brought across your path.
The unique opportunities to talk about the Gospel throughout the tour have been exciting.
When we are out and about, like the time at our Mexican Restaurant, we draw some attention with our team shirts or simply because we are a big group. People ask what we are doing or where we are from. There have been so many opportunities to pass out tracts and explain what we are doing.


Dr. Jim and Mrs. Van ;)